This quick reference guide clearly illustrates how teachers, peers, and learners can use Dylan Wiliam’s five key formative assessment strategies to determine where learners are, where they’re going, and how to get there through:
- Clarifying, sharing, and understanding learning intentions and success criteria
- Engineering effective discussion, tasks, and activities that elicit evidence of learning
- Providing feedback that moves learners forward
- Activating students as learning resources for one another
- Activating students as owners of their own learning
The guide includes at-a-glance question shells and alternatives to teacher questions to keep all students engaged in their learning.